Study Medicine in Romania – Medicine Admission – Foundation / Preparatory Course
The preparatory course typically lasts for one academic year and is designed to prepare students for the challenges of a medical degree program. It covers the basic sciences and provides a foundation in medical terminology. Some universities may also offer courses in Romanian culture and civilization to help international students adapt.
2. Entry Requirements
The entry requirements for the preparatory course are typically less rigorous than for the medical degree program. Generally, you will need:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A basic understanding of Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
- Proficiency in the language of instruction (if not in English, a language proficiency test might be required).
3. Application Process
The application process involves:
- Completing the application form provided by the university.
- Submitting copies of your high school diploma and academic transcripts, passport, and a medical certificate proving you are fit for university study.
- If the course is not in English, you may need to provide proof of language proficiency.
Please note: Each university may have slightly different requirements, so it is important to check the specific requirements of the university you are applying to.
4. After the Preparatory Course
After successfully completing the preparatory course, you will be eligible to apply for the medical degree program. The preparatory course does not guarantee admission into the medical program; you will still need to meet the entry requirements of the medical program, which may include passing an entrance exam.
Here are some universities in Romania known to offer preparatory courses for medical studies:
- Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Bucharest: http://www.umfcd.ro, Phone: +40 21 318 07 20
- Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Cluj-Napoca: http://www.umfcluj.ro, Phone: +40 264 597 256
- Grigore T. Popa University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Iasi: http://www.umfiasi.ro, Phone: +40 232 301 600
Always contact the university directly to get the most accurate and updated information.