Study Medicine in Latvia Questions and Answers – Q & A
How much does it cost to study medicine in Latvia?
The cost of studying medicine in Latvia varies depending on the university and program. On average, tuition fees for English-taught medical programs range from €9,000 to €15,000 per year. This does not include living expenses, which can be around €500 to €800 per month, depending on your lifestyle and location.
Is Latvia a good place to study medicine?
Latvia is considered a good place to study medicine due to its affordable tuition fees, reasonable living expenses, and quality education. Latvian medical schools are recognized internationally, and their programs are designed to meet European standards, which ensures a high level of education and training for students.
How can I study medicine in Latvia?
To study medicine in Latvia, follow these general steps:
- Research universities offering medical programs in Latvia, such as Riga Stradiņš University and the University of Latvia.
- Check the admission requirements and deadlines for the specific program you are interested in. These may include a high school diploma or equivalent with a strong background in science subjects, proof of English language proficiency (IELTS or TOEFL), and other supporting documents.
- Prepare for and take any required entrance examinations. Some universities may require an entrance exam, while others may consider your high school grades and qualifications.
- Complete the application process, which typically involves submitting an online application, required documents, and paying an application fee.
- If accepted, obtain a student visa and make arrangements for accommodation and other logistics in Latvia.
How long does it take to become a doctor in Latvia?
The process of becoming a doctor in Latvia typically takes six years, which includes theoretical studies, practical training, and a one-year internship. Upon successful completion of the program, graduates are awarded a Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree. After completing the medical program and internship, graduates must pass a licensing examination to become fully licensed physicians in Latvia.