Study Medicine in Hungary – Medicine Admission – Foundation / Preparatory Course
1. Overview of Preparatory Courses
Preparatory courses for medicine in Hungary are designed to provide students with the foundational knowledge needed to embark on a medical degree program. These courses typically last one academic year and focus on crucial subjects such as Biology, Chemistry, and Physics. Many programs also offer Hungarian language classes to help international students adapt and prepare for living and studying in Hungary.
2. Entry Requirements
The general entry requirements for preparatory courses in Hungary are:
- A high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Basic knowledge of Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
- Proficiency in English (if the course is taught in English).
3. Application Process
The application process for preparatory courses generally includes:
- Completing the application form provided by the university.
- Submitting copies of your high school diploma and academic transcripts, passport, and a medical certificate proving you are fit for university study.
- If the course is not in English, you might need to provide proof of language proficiency.
Please note: Each university may have slightly different requirements, so it’s crucial to check the specific requirements of the university you are applying to.
4. After the Preparatory Course
Upon successful completion of the preparatory course, students will be eligible to apply for the medical degree program. However, completing a preparatory course does not guarantee admission into the medical program; you will still need to meet the entry requirements of the medical program, which often includes passing an entrance exam.
Here are some universities in Hungary known to offer preparatory courses for medical studies:
- Semmelweis University, Budapest: https://semmelweis.hu/english/, Phone: +36 1 459 1500
- University of Debrecen, Medical School: https://edu.unideb.hu/, Phone: +36 52 512 900
- University of Szeged, Faculty of Medicine: http://www.med.u-szeged.hu/, Phone: +36 62 545 000
Always contact the university directly to get the most accurate and updated information.